Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Final - Ideation II

Components:
  • LCD screen:
    • This is to log the total amount of money in my change box
  • 3x Photo Interrupter:
    • These will log the amount of money put into the box
    • Each sensor will map to a certain coin / value
    • With each interruption the coin value is added to the total in Arduino memory
Things that are still needed:
  • I need a simple on / off switch to turn on the system and LCD screen
  • I need some mechanism of resetting the memory - maybe a button inside the box that you hold to reset.

Design:



I am working with the size of the Arduino plus the breadboard. What I'm thinking is forego the breadboard and solder all my components in, so that I can have more efficient space. The trick is that each slot needs to have an uninterrupted "fall" space to whatever container is collecting the coins.

I'm also playing with different configurations of where the slots will go. Either side to side or more spread out. Ideally I would like to be able to engrave the actual image of a coin next to each slot. 


Next Steps:

  • I need to buy a switch
  • I need to wire everything with the breadboard to make sure my code and circuit works
  • Solder components together
  • Need to make the precision cuts of the lid
  • Build the housing




No comments:

Post a Comment